Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Gearing up for fall sewing

Pacific Fabrics, a local fabric store chain in the Seattle area, often has a sale on holidays like Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and.... Labor Day! This includes the outlet location which already has great prices on past season and remnant fabrics. Silks and wools at the outlet are usually $9.99/yard, so during the 25% off sales they are only $7.50/yard. It's a great time to build up the stash. So that's what I did on Monday.


My focus was on wools for the upcoming cool weather. The dark colors in the picture are navy and aubergine. The camel color is a wool knit, not sure what I'm doing with that yet but it was too good to pass up.


I picked up a few cotton(?)/rayon(?) knits too. (Most of the fashion fabric does not have fiber content available.)

Altogether I got 8.5 yards of wool and 3.5 yards of t-shirt knits for $79.70 after tax. Not bad! Now time to get sewing!

My September BWOF arrived today. I can't wait to devour it.

4 comments:

cidell said...

The plaid, aubergine and blue are just beautiful. Wow. I really need to start this buying in threes thing. There may be something to it!

Unknown said...

I can't believe summer's over! I love the aubergine. Even though I don't know how to spell it :p

Maja said...

Hi,you can start sewing right now!I am ready too but can't decide what I need!So welcome to the fall!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your garments that you make with all that fabric!!