Saturday, June 2, 2007

Studs

I'm sure you've noticed the studs popping up all over today's apparel, shoes, and handbags. They often have a darkened patina. I have a pair of Marc by Marc Jacobs flats that feature an assortment of studs on the toe, and let me tell you they are worth every penny.


Cacharel silk organza blouse, available at Net-a-Porter



Development modal jersey top, available at Shopbop



Temperley London silk chiffon dress, available at Net-a-Porter




Did you know you can create this look yourself? I opened up the M&J Trimming site the other day to search for some buttons, when I saw these featured on their main page.




They are called Italian Sew On Rhinestones and you can get them in sets of 6, 12, or 18, depending on the style and size, for $10 - $12. It could be painful for the wallet to get too carried away with these, but think of the impact a few sets of well placed studs could make. I'd love to see someone give these a try!

6 comments:

LauraM said...

Thanks for the link! I sure like the studs, but going to the site I found allot of other things I liked too!

dawn said...

Love the fashion photos, thanks!

cidell said...

I did NOT know that studs were in. Thanks for keeping me up with the trends

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I am really loving the fashion shots...got my mind going and I needed a little inspiration! Thanks for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

I noticed the sewon rhinestones on your site. Lovely indeed.
What about the studs. Do you know where I can get sew on studs?

Christina said...

Anonymous - sorry, I don't... I'd check mjtrim.com first.