Monday, May 14, 2007

Montreal recommendations?

Tim and I are going to be in Montreal for 6 days in early June for the Formula One Canadian Grand Prix. Tim is a big F1 fan, I had accumulated enough airline mileage to fly both of us somewhere in North America for free, and Montreal is known as the Paris of North America, so there ya go.

I was wondering if anyone has any Montreal recommendations ? Like restaurants (I need to start making reservations now - if it's not already too late), shopping areas, parks, whatever. We are staying near the Square St Louis and will be using metro/cabs/our feet for transportation.

2 comments:

renee said...

I don't have any restaurants, but I have to insist on one thing to eat (if you like carbs and cheese, my two food groups). It's called poutin. Wonderful disgusting diet breaking bowl of french fries, gravy and cheese curds. Don't knock it 'til you try it. I am now going to heat my Lean Cusine -- the only thing in my kitchen.

Christina said...

Cidell, you are talking to the girl who looks forward to the times when her spouse is away so she can eat bread & olive oil & cheese for dinner. Poutin sounds delightful.